In less than a week IMSC will be hosting their annual conference in Las Vegas. I’ve spoken and taught workshops there. Besides connecting with some awesome folks, here are some of the reasons why you need to attend –
1. Meet mystery shopping companies (MSCs) that are actively recruiting – often if they’re spending their dime to travel there and setting up a table, these folks WANT to hire you!
2. Learn about the latest trends in the industry and other news – these can include legal issues or things that affect your finances as an independent contractor
3. Get known.. in a good way! No, don’t be that guy or gal who had a little too much to drink. Instead ask the smart questions that others don’t ask. Add value with your thoughts and suggestions.
4. Check out the latest devices and gadgets that may be worth getting. Maybe there’s a new hidden cam that looks like a smartphone or iPhone app that provides a way to get those shops done.
5. Get out of the office and off the road. Working alone can get old. It’s great to meet others who get that.
6. Take a breather. Let’s face it – conferences are also an excuse to get away a bit.
7. Chance to hit the reset button. Maybe you feel like your business is in a rut. Sometimes a change of scenery is just what you need.
8. Build new alliances. Along with signing up with new companies, it’s good to find other shoppers who may turn out to be venture partners or sources of referral business.
9. Hey, it’s VEGAS! ’nuff said!
10. NO SUBSTITUTE for being there – as much as I’m a big fan of online technology, there really is nothing like meeting other mystery shoppers and field agents in person.
How about you? Which conferences or events are you planning to attend soon? What do you plan to get out of attending?